Monday 18 April 2011

Do things ever change? - 1870

Funny search on Google taught me that there is a nice graphical timeline of the search results. Funnily enough, one search displayed results from 1870!

Looking into the text from 1870, I found it mentions Bosnia (although the original search had nothing to do with it in the first place) and, guess what, war horrors. I have no idea which wars are described in the text but it got me skimming through. Have a look at

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=TT18770425.2.28

Reading some parts really made me wonder whether the history continually repeats itself. The horrors of wars in 1870 are no different to horrors of war of 1993. Or any other year, for that matter.

Quite an educational piece. Found by pure accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment